Simon Balle All through School has a unique ethos, which is highly visible to everyone who knows our school. Our ethos is shaped by both our beliefs and our purpose for education.
We believe that:
- Education is a key driver to ensure that all human beings flourish so that they can become happy, successful people who live well together as part of a community
- Each individual is valued for who they are and what they bring. Everyone will be treated fairly and with dignity
- Mindset and intelligence are not fixed and we have the highest aspirations for all
We believe that it is our purpose to ensure we are education “tomorrow’s citizens today” and as such they need:
– Knowledge, skills and wisdom to achieve well and make wise choices
– Hope and to be aspirational
– In a diverse world, be able to work well with a range of people and live in happy communities
– Treat others and treat themselves with dignity and respect
These precepts will govern all our decisions and actions. We have a clear set of values that underpin this ethos and a vision for all our young people to aspire to.
Ofsted 2013 – Students have exceptionally positive attitudes to learning as a result of the school’s outstandingly positive ethos.