Simon Balle All-through School is proud to offer a wide variety of services and facilities. This includes hire of our all-weather pitch, swimming pool, room hire and other services.
Simon Balle All-through School is just south of Hertford town and a 10 minute walk from Hertford East train station. The site has two large car parks.
Clicking on the pictures below will link to pages with specific information about our facilities and services.
Current prices and terms and conditions are detailed in the Traded Services Policy – you can download this below – we have provided it in both word and pdf format
Word format: Traded Services Policy
PDF format: Traded Services Policy
A note about VAT… depending on the nature and length of the hiring VAT may be chargeable. Please see our Traded Services policy for more information or just ask!
Our swimming pool is an established local hub for club training and swimming lessons
About our swimming pool:
- Pool dimensions 25m x 8m
- Pool depth 9m to 1.2m
- Pool hoist for those with access requirements
- Single sex changing rooms
- Swimming lessons available to primary schools
- Life guards provided if needed
- Used by community groups and local teams. Please see below for links to their websites if you are interested in training.
Hyper links to other clubs:
Little Fishes – www.littlefishesswimclub.co.uk
Hoddesdon Swimming Club – www.hoddesdonsc.co.uk
Swim Kidz – http://www.swimkidz.info/the-simon-balle-school
At Simon Balle All-through School we have a variety of rooms available for hire.
About our room hire:
- School hall with stage – suitable for talks, presentation ceremonies, performances
- Gymnasium – sports use. Currently used for basketball, dodge ball and circuit training
- Classrooms – available on request
Originally built in 1998 and refurbished in 2012, our all-weather pitch is a centre for local hockey and football with many community groups making use of the facility.
About our pitch:
- Sand-filled carpet suitable for hockey and football.
- 98m x 61m which can be hired as a whole or split into thirds for 5-a-side football teams
- Open 6pm to 10 week days for community use
- Used by community groups and local teams. Please see below for links to their websites if you are interested in training
Prices are from £23.00 per hour, per third (VAT may be charged).
Hyper links to other clubs that currently use our facilities:
Bengeo Tigers Football Club – http://www.bengeotigers.org.uk/
Ware Youth Football Club – www.wareyouthfc.com
Hertford Hockey Club – http://hertford-hockey.co.uk