Equal opportunities for all
Simon Balle All-through School will work towards equality of opportunity for all.
We will not discriminate on the grounds of:
- Ethnic origin
- HIV status
- Immigration status
- Marital status
- Social or economic status
- Nationality or national origins
- Religious beliefs
- Responsibility for dependents
- Trade union membership
- Unrelated criminal conviction
We will endeavour to eliminate racism, sexism and all forms of discrimination, recognising that this not only requires a commitment to remove discrimination but action through positive policies to redress the inequalities produced by past discrimination.
The policy is for everyone at the school and its aim is to ensure fair and equal treatment for all.
Simon Balle All-through School will ensure that:
- All members of staff see the school as a welcoming and safe place in which to work.
- All vacancies are advertised internally.
- Policies and practices are introduced to better reflect the needs of under-represented groups, for example in relation to the care of dependants.
- All staff development and training policies give fair and equitable attention to the needs of under-represented groups.
- The school will continue to make further efforts to ensure that its recruitment and selection procedures lead to the appointment of the best person for the job.
- The school will continue to take determined action to ensure that employees are protected from harassment.