Year 9 students have just started to work on humour writing in English. Today, we explored puns and how they work. Here are some of Mrs Cookes favourites:
- I went to the pet shop and asked for 4 bees. The shopkeeper gave me one extra, I told him he’d counted one too many but he replied “Don’t worry about it! That one is a freebie!”
- To the person who invented zero, thanks for nothing.
- My ceiling isn’t the best, but it’s up there.
- What are windmills’ favorite genre of music? They’re big metal fans.
- I can’t believe I got fired from the calendar factory. All I did was take a day off
- What kind of concert only costs 45 cents? A 50 Cent concert featuring Nickelback.
- What’s the best time on a clock? 6:30, hands down.
- What’s E.T short for? – Because he’s only got little legs!
- What did the grape say when it got crushed? Nothing, it just let out a little wine.
- I own the world’s worst thesaurus. Not only is it awful, it’s awful.
- I ate a clock yesterday, it was very time consuming.
- Why did Adele cross the road? To say “Hello” from the other side
A great effort! Edinburgh Fringe incoming?